|There are some excellent courses on Islam starting next week at the Melbourne School of Theology (MST). You can audit these (i.e. no exams or assignments, no academic credit) for only AUD $195. The courses run over 12 weeks until the end of May and they are all online courses, except one which one is face-to-face only and another is both online and face-to-face.|
1. Introduction to the Qur’an (Course no. EM073), taught by Dr Mark Durie. An overview of the Qur’an, its meaning and and its uses. This course will help you understand the world’s most misunderstood book.
2. Ministry to Muslims (EM078), taught by Dr Denis Savelyev. This is a practical course outlining methods and approaches for ministry to Muslims. It will open your eyes to new ways to share the good news with Muslims. This is available both online and as a face-to-face course at MST in Wantirna on Thursday mornings 9.30am – 1pm.
3. Muslim Thinkers Now & Then (EM077), taught by Dr Richard Shumack. This is very philosophical course looking at some significant Muslim scholars and their contributions. This will stretch your mind in new directions
4. Qur’anic Arabic 1 (LA 009) taught by Dr Bernie Power. This is an introductory course to Arabic – no prior knowledge assumed. It will teach the Arabic alphabet and then get into the Qur’anic text. It is hard-core but fun.
5. Contextualisation of Theology and Ministry Practice (EM 052), taught by Dr Bernie Power. This course covers all kinds of mission, not just to Muslims. It will be a face-to-face intensive, held at MST on April 6-8, 11-12 from 9.30 am to 4 pm.)
If you are interested in any of these courses, you can apply online https://www.mst.edu.au/audit/ or call Lachlan on +61 3 9881 7800
|Mark Durie is the founding director of the Institute for Spiritual Awareness, a Fellow at the Middle East Forum, and a Senior Research Fellow of the Arthur Jeffery Centre for the Study of Islam at the Melbourne School of Theology.|
To support Mark’s writing and teaching work with the Institute for Spiritual Awareness, visit https://markdurie.com/give/