GAFCON Chairman Archbishop Foley Beach and General Secretary Archbishop Ben Kwashi issue a call to prayer and fasting for this Sunday, 22 March, interceding against the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, swarming locusts in East Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, and famine and hunger in regions of Africa.
In these days where global fear and anxiety are on the increase due to the pandemic spread of the Coronavirus, and the exponential growth of locust swarms and famine, we look to our Sovereign Lord God for refuge, consolation, intervention, wisdom, cure, and provision.
We know from Scripture and experience that God acts differently when we pray. We believe that He not only hears our prayers, but that He uses people like our leaders, scientists, and medical professionals to accomplish His will. We pray that God would grant them wisdom, insight and strength in these coming days. We pray that in this time, people will call on Jesus in their pain, suffering and worries and find the rest and hope that only He can provide.
We call on Anglicans around the globe to join together in the Holy Spirit, in prayer and fasting this Sunday, 22 March 2020.
Let us pray and fast for our nations:
- repenting of our sins and asking God’s forgiveness
- asking God’s intervention to stop the spread of this virus
- asking God’s intervention to stop the locusts
- asking God for healing for those who are sick
- asking God for miraculous provision for the hungry
- asking God to use us, his people, as agents of love and compassion
- asking God to draw people to himself through the saving power of Jesus on the cross.
Let us pray:
Faithfully in Jesus Christ,
Archbishop Foley Beach, Gafcon Chairman
Archbishop Ben Kwashi, Gafcon General Secretary