Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The President of the United States has called the nation to a day of prayer regarding the coronavirus this Sunday, March 15.
As a Province, let us join in this effort, whether from Canada, the U.S., or Mexico. This Sunday, let’s pray and fast for our nations:
- repenting of our sins and asking God’s forgiveness
- asking God’s intervention to stop the spread of this virus
- asking God for healing for those who are sick
- asking God to use us, his people, as agents of love and compassion
- asking God to draw people to himself through the saving power of Jesus on the cross.
Let us remember the words God gave to Solomon:
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV)
In Christ Jesus,
The Most Rev. Dr. Foley Beach
Archbishop and Primate, Anglican Church in North America