The first meeting of the ‘Living With Difference’ group – who have been invited to be part of a series of three facilitated conversations around the Prayers of Love and Faith – was held on Thursday September 7.
The members of the group are:
- Ade Adebajo (Elected member of the London Diocesan Synod)
- Ruth Bushyager (Bishop of Horsham)
- John Dunnett (National Director, Church of England Evangelical Council)
- Simon Friend (Co-Convenor of the Evangelical Forum for General Synod)
- Giles Goddard (Vicar, St John’s Church Waterloo)
- Jamie Harrison (Chair of the House of Laity, General Synod)
- Sarah Jackson (CEO, Church Revitalisation Trust)
- Helen King (Vice-Chair, General Synod Gender & Sexuality Group)
- Karen Lund (Archdeacon of Manchester)
- Kate Massey (Vicar, St Paul’s Stockingford)
- Judith Maltby (Chaplain, Fellow & Dean of Welfare, Corpus Christi College, Oxford University)
- Tom Middleton (Director of Forward in Faith and Secretary of the Council of Bishops of The Society)
- Sarah Mullally (Bishop of London, Co-Chair of the LLF Implementation Steering Group)
- Mark Nam (Assistant Curate at United Church in Longwell Green and St, Anne’s, Diocese of Bristol)
- Neil Patterson (Diocesan Director of Vocations and Ordinands, Hereford)
- Vaughan Roberts (Rector of St Ebbe’s, Oxford)
- Jonathan Sedgwick (Archdeacon of Southwark)
- Charlie Skrine (Rector, All Souls Langham Place)
- David Walker (Bishop of Manchester)
The group will aim to reflect the spectrum of views held and work to offer back to the Bishops an understanding of how their proposals can be taken forward, reflecting the issues raised in the conversations. The group will meet for three full days, in London, on September 7, 12 and 28.
This is scheduled to feed into meetings of the College of Bishops in September and the House of Bishops in October.