Funeral plans announced by Archbishop Ntagali
The Most Rev. Stanley Ntagali, Archbishop of the Church of Uganda, has confirmed the death of the Most Rev. Dr. Livingstone Mpalanyi Nkoyoyo, retired Archbishop of the Church of Uganda. He died on Friday morning, 5th January, at Kampala Hospital, Kololo.
Archbishop Ntagali announces the following programme for the funeral arrangements:
- Immediately after the time of death, the body was taken to Mulago Hospital Mortuary.
- The body will be taken to All Saints’ Cathedral on Sunday evening, 7th January, at 4:00 pm for an overnight vigil.
- On Monday, 8th January, the body will be taken to St. Phillips and Andrew Cathedral, Mukono for a service at 10:00 am
- Thereafter, the body will be taken to his home in Nakabago in Mukono for an overnight vigil.
- On Tuesday, 9th January, the main funeral service will be at St. Paul’s Cathedral, Namirembe, starting at 9:00 am.
- Then his body will be laid to rest at Namugongo Martyrs site at 4:00 pm.
Archbishop Stanley said, “We pray for Mama Ruth Nkoyoyo and the family that God will comfort them and enable them to continue.”
He added, “Note: This is a tentative program as per now. In case of any changes, we will keep you informed. In the meantime, let us celebrate together the life and ministry of the faithful servant of God, the Rt. Rev. Dr. Livingstone Mpalanyi Nkoyoyo, who has been promoted to glory.”